Frame Styling 101: Choosing the Best Frame for You
We know that selecting just the right frame can be stressful. Frame styling is more art than science, and that can lead to questions like:
- Does this frame look good on me?
- Does this frame fit me properly?
- Does it complement my style?
- How durable will this frame be over time?
- Will buying this frame be a waste of money?
Fortunately, you don’t have to be a fashion expert to find the best eyeglasses for you, and our expert Opticians can help you make a great selection. However, the following tips can help you get a head-start on determining what type of frame both complements your style and is a good investment.
Determine Your Face Shape
Is your face round, oval, square, diamond or heart-shaped? The shape of your face will help you determine which frames enhance your look.
- Round Face: Eyeglass frames that are square or rectangular tend to be wider than a round face, which can balance your round features by making it appear slimmer and longer.
Avoid: Rimless frames, round frames and small frames that accentuate the roundness, and make your face look even rounder.
- Oval Face: Frames with a strong bridge and are wider than the broadest part of the face. Look for something more geometric in shape.
Avoid: Over-sized frames that cover up more than half of your face will throw off the natural balance and symmetry of your face.
- Square Face: Frames that soften the angles of your face and sit high on the bridge of the nose look best. Oval or round frames offer a good balance.
Avoid: Frames that are Square or angular that will sharpen and draw attention to your angular features.
- Diamond Face: Look for frames that sweep up or are wider than the cheekbones (cat eye glasses and oval frames) to accentuate your cheekbones and delicate features.
Avoid: Frames that are boxy and narrow will accentuate the width of your cheeks, drawing attention to narrow features instead of enhancing them.
- Heart-Shaped Face: Frames that balance the width of the forehead with the narrowness of the chin are ideal. Eyeglasses with low-set temples and bottom heavy frame lines will add width to that narrower part of your face. Round eyeglasses or square eyeglasses with curved edges will help draw attention away from a broad, high forehead.
Frames to Avoid: Steer clear of any style or color of frames that draws attention to the forehead. This includes frames with decorative temples or embellished tops.
The old adage is true: opposites attract. Select frames that contrast your facial contours in order to balance your prominent features. At Bespoke Eye Care you can try on hundreds of eyeglass frames to see which styles complement you.
What’s Your Lifestyle?
There are eyeglass frames for every way of life! Think about the activities you will do while wearing your eyeglasses. If you’re active, Bespoke Eye Care offers OVVO frames which can bend outward and support 45 lbs. without breaking. Need gaming glasses? Gamers can choose from a wide selection of stylish frames that enhance the gaming experience. When impressing the big wigs at the office, you can accessorize your business savvy with sensible style. At Bespoke Eye Care you’ll find frames with a functionality that matches your lifestyle.
Fit Frames to Your Personality?
The frames you wear can say a lot about your personality. You can have a pair of glasses that showcase your fun loving side on the weekends and a pair that emphasizes your get down to business tone during the week. Choose a frame color that you adore, or detailed embellishments that add a bit of flare. Choose either one style of frames to express your personality or have a small collection of frames on hand to easily alter your appearance to suit your mood.
Now that you are equipped with the know-how Schedule your appointment with Dr. Tyah Johnson at Bespoke Eye Care, or just stop by to see which frames complement you.