At Bespoke Eye Care in Dallas, TX, our team led by Dr. Johnson ensures your eye exam is well-organized, comfortable, and beneficial as possible. We take time to assess your eye health and ask questions about any eye problems you might be facing. However, you need to prepare appropriately for the visit. Here are the checklists on how to prepare for an eye exam.
Questions To Ask Yourself Before an Eye Exam
Having an eye exam causes some people to feel anxious. So, prepare properly to make the process as stress-free and smooth as possible. You can do this by first asking yourself the following questions:
- Does my family have a history of eye issues like cataracts or glaucoma?
- Have I had any injuries, health issues, or operations lately?
- How well do I take care of my contact lenses or eyeglasses?
- Does my vision affect my daily activities?
- Do I’ve trouble distinguishing between greens and reds?
- Have I noticed any eye issues like flashes of light, blurry vision, double vision, or poor night vision?
Moreover, an eye exam takes about an hour, depending on the number of tests conducted to evaluate your eye and vision health. Typically, a comprehensive exam involves a series of visual tests to inform us about your vision. Our high-quality visual tests help determine:
- Lazy eye
- Color blindness
- The sharpness of distance and near vision
- Determine your contacts and eyeglasses prescription
- Depth perception
- Bind spots
- Glaucoma tests
- Eye structures
- Ability to follow moving objects
- Eye drop test to evaluate your inner eyes
Things To Bring With You
There are several items you need to bring with you for a successful eye exam. These help to ensure we have the needed information. Some of the items include:
- Identification card like your driver’s license
- Insurance information such as insurance card
- Prescribed contact lenses or eyeglasses
- New patient form (click to fill out your form online before your appointment)
- Phone number, name, and address of your primary care physician
- Checkbook, cash, or credit card to pay for any out-of-pocket expenses, if needed
Contact Bespoke Eye Care in Dallas, TX, For Your Next Eye Exam
At Bespoke Eye Care in Dallas, our optometrist diagnoses your eye problems and performs various treatment options to improve your eye health. We offer vision therapy to help manage eye issues like computer vision or lazy eye. Let’s help you find what treatment and prescription lenses can work best to improve your eye health. Contact us today for your next eye exam in Dallas and the surrounding areas.